A disease is spreading all over the world. Musicians of all kinds are especially in danger to be infected. It´s epidemic, highly infectious and already so common that we think it´s normal.
The „Relaxation disease“ RD.
Other synonym: „Letting-go“-Plague
- You´re not satisfied with yourself because you think you should be more relaxed.
- Teachers are advising you to “learn to relax”.
- Like a mantra you´re repetitively telling yourself „let go, let go“. Often combined with the word “just”: “just let go”.
- You´re trying hard to be more relaxed.Advanced stadium:
- You´re frustrated as you have to keep telling yourself to let go. Seems like your even to stupid to let go.
- You experience your body as an enemy because it keeps producing these unnecessary tensions – although you´re telling it the opposite.
- You realize especially in performance situations you how tight you are. You notice how your breathing stops, your thighs and arms become hard. You know: Playing like this will sound horrible. So you´ll have to relax. NOW. Immediately. But you don´t succeed.Two jobs simultaneously: 1. Play 2. Be
The worst suffering of those infected is a nagging feeling of failure and inferiority.
You are not alone.
The reason: The common belief that there were such things as “unnecessary tensions”. This belief creates – qua definition – a conflict between a body (producing these so called unnecessary tensions) and the intention of the mind to produce “relaxtion”.
A country won´t flourish during war.
First: peace. Then rebuilt. Including as many as possible.
Your sound won´t shine if you´re in war with yourself.
Make peace, then rebuilt. With all participants: body, mind, soul, spirit, instrument, surrounding.
Watch this video to understand your tensions and how to get rid of them.
And yet: tight arms, cramping fingers, tense shoulders and feet: We all know that this can´t produce a rich sound.
Direct your awareness deliberately and consequently only to everything that supports, carrys and stabilises. In every way. All the time. And your tensions will disappear. Guaranteed.
And don´t forget to CELEBRATE!!!
You want to know how to continue? You want to know where to participate a CelloBliss-Workshop?
Sign up here. And stay tuned. It´s important.
Make peace – not war.